Sunday, March 8, 2009

The curious case...

Just returned from watching the movie - "The curious case of Benjamin Button" & I'm still stunned & in a state of awe like after being "struck by lightning 7 times"! :-).

A somewhat longish movie, but seriously... it is such a complex topic to handle! The story, narration, direction, performances, makeup... all simply outstanding! What conviction & guts it takes to take on a story of this complexity! I'm speechless, or may be I just have so much to talk & it's too late... So I'll leave it here :-)

But one thing I must admit, that I did not experience this much awe & creative pleasure after watching 'Slumdog Millionaire'. There, again, I take a shot at being unpopular ;-). I've seriously started doubting my movie appreciation capabilities...

2 comments:

ABCDEF said...

slumdog millionore is a junk movie. pure gutter-sense movie. people who liked it are poor in art and brains. I can say you are not alone in being dumbstuck over the whole affair. I belive Rahman was be numb about the whole affair - he has written better music in other movies.

Sagar Bhanagay said...

:-). I wouldn't rate or call "Slumdog..." that low, but it seriously did not ruffle me as "The curious case..." did. I was neither moved nor inspired at the end of it.