Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's spring-time :-)

The days have got longer... All the almond trees near my workplace have painted their leaves red from their characteristic green. Their towering red presence is so difficult to overlook. It's like walking amidst the orange-robed sages lost in deep penance. Such a pretty sight!

Lavenders are in bloom and I have such sweet memories associated with these violet blossoms... Sugarcane-juice centers have sprung up in every corner of the town & the tinkering bells on these cane-crushing machines melodiously invite the tired passers-by. Markets are flooded with water-melons. The mango trees have drawn a blanket of delicate brown blossoms & some are even bearing fruit. The cuckoos stay hidden amidst their branches and welcome every dawn with their melodious songs.

Don't know why, but I am getting an overwhelming feeling that exams are getting over & I'm heading in for summer-vacations...

4 comments:

Sharvari said...

summer vacations - and sugar cane juice times! ah those were the days :-)

Sagar Bhanagay said...

Ha ha.. And I'm seriously thinking of getting a "matka" (earthen pot). Not so much for the cold water, but just because I like the sound that its lid makes when it slips on & off its mouth :-). And not to mention the fragrance rendered to the water by the jasmine flowers dropped into it :-).

me said...

Now that more nostalgia than what I can handle. Beware, my parents might sue you if you make me so homesick as to want to go home very often!
Beautiful entry though... really evokes memories! Best was spending days together lounging on the guava tree!

Sagar Bhanagay said...

Lol! :D. Interesting, that u mention the guava tree... For my grandpa's home had a large backyard with 2 big guava-trees that were my 'best-friends' then. And i used to while away most of my summer vacation days lost in their branches... :-)