Saturday, October 18, 2008

On breadth & depth...

I like it when words aren't squandered. One doesn't need too many words to express the deepest of thoughts & feelings. In fact, I believe that the strongest of feelings can't even be captured in words.

Like when Saint Tukaram wanted to express his deep desire to meet God or to experience His presence, he simply says -
"Jalaveen masoli
Taisa Tuka talmali"

(I writhe like a fish out of water)

It's for the same reason why I like the music of the movie "Chiti Chiti Bang Bang" so much...
Lyrics like -

He -
"My heart beats so unruly
Because I love you truly.
...
What do I do?
Are you feeling it too?"

She -
"Can't you see...
How I long to be free"

simply touch your heart & linger forever.

Duh! 150 words wasted to express something silly!

No comments: